Need suggestion for new Headphone (with MIC) for Galaxy S4!

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have two pairs of Turtle Beach ones. They make them for mobile gamers but I don't game too heavily on my cell phone (I play XBOX). The sound in them is really good though from them being gamer headphones. They so have the mic in them and dozens of different styles too. Look for the M series on their site. I'd post a link but can't get to it right now. :)

Posted via Android Central App

CChamp

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I used the earbuds that came with the apple ipod. . Liked them. I bought Bose for $99 at Costco. . LOVE them.

I have been looking at the Bose earbuds at Costco, but have a question. They say that they are for iPhones, iPods and iPads. Does this mean that they will not work with the Galaxy S4? Why would it stipulate this?

nick191

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't know why !... -:facepalm:-
We have very limited choice of headphones with MIC for Android.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If they are made for iphone then the volume up and down buttons won't work. Otherwise it can be used on android

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
They should, I think the only reason It only states for iDevices is because the retailers like to pretend the iPhone and the iThis and iThat are the only devices on the market. I learned this when I bought the S4 thinking that the S4 was just as popular....I wasn't even close.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They should, I think the only reason It only states for iDevices is because the retailers like to pretend the iPhone and the iThis and iThat are the only devices on the market. I learned this when I bought the S4 thinking that the S4 was just as popular....I wasn't even close.

Apple has the largest market share in the USA by a wide margin

nick191

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So you r saying If I use SM E10M with S4 than the Volume rocker will not work, what about MIC ? That one is MUST for me

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have numerous iPhone headphones with mics. On all of them the mic and play button worked to answer and end calls

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Even my Apple earbuds would answer and end calls, turn volume up and down. , etc. The Bose earbuds I'm now using do all the same as well as forward and rewind with double and triple clicks. I believe the Apple ones did forward and rewind as well, but they are no longer with me.

nick191

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay thank you guys will mostly buy SM E10 M, any others alternative u would like to suggest ?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I also have earbuds that say for idevices and they work perfectly fine with my GS4.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

nick191

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Which one you own @STARGATE

And @metle_geek any link dude... I m in india so is it available here ?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Which one you own @STARGATE

And @metle_geek any link dude... I m in india so is it available here ?

I kept the ones from the iPhone 5 that I tested, they work great with my GT3 and with my GS4.
I also have some Sony and a skullcandy that one of my nieces gave me, and of course the original Samsung ones that came with my GS4.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance