Navigation and Voice Dialing Cut Off When Music Playing Through Bluetooth

goldberg96

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks. I am having a problem with my Verizon Galaxy S4 when using bluetooth in my car. I did not used to have this problem. I believe it was probably introduced by Android 4.3 and I believe other people probably have the problem as well. I have scoured the internet, read tons of threads in different forums, tried lots of "solutions" and apps to fix the problem to no avail. I am very frustrated and I am hoping someone can make sense of the issue/solution for me.

When I am playing music via bluetooth in my car and I am also using navigation (Google Maps), when the navigation want to say something, most of the voice message is cut off. I only hear the last little piece of the message. If I kill the music player, Google Maps works perfectly through bluetooth.

This same situation is also happening for voice dialing. In other words, I activate voice dialing on my radio in the car, and I don't get the prompt for it from the voice dialing app.

Here is some background info:

1. It is a Verizon Galaxy S4 running I545VRUEMK2. Phone is rooted.
2. I have tried many different music players (Samsung default player (Music), Poweramp, Winamp, Player Pro, etc). Winamp and Player Pro seemed to work as far as Google Maps was concerned (didn't try with voice dialing because I didn't know it was a problem yet) but neither of them would send any artist/song data to my phone.
3. I have also tried different voice dialing apps (S-Voice, Klets, Google Voice)
3. I don't have these problems when I use Pandora but I don't want to use that all the time because of the data usage and also because I want to listen to my music. I think I tried Slacker also and that worked too.

Is this a global problem for everybody? Is there any music player that does not mess up Google Maps navigation voice directions and voice dialing.

Please those of you who are more expert than me please help me to understand what this problem is all about and whether I can do anything about it. If I could just downgrade my phone to the old release that would solve these problems but according to everything I've read that is not possible.

Your help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Rob

Mohamed Suleman

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rob,

Probably not the reply you are looking for but i have the exact same problem with my Galaxy S3 after the 4.3 update.

Lwt me know if you have found a solution to this.

Thanks. At least you are not alone hey...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams