Network Drop?

FordoGreenman

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So I recently upgraded my s4 to kitkat.. And now my network will randomly drop out and I have to restart the phone for it to work again. This is a complete inconvenience for me. Does anyone have an idea for a fix or possibly even a legitimate reason for why this would be happening? Thanks in advance.

Here's a picture of what I'm seeing. With the wifi off its the same thing.. Well.. Should be 4G indicator but alas there's nothing but that dreaded "your screwed" icon. Heh heh

FordoGreenman

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Bump? Would really like at least a basic answer on why this could be happening and it's hard to believe that not one person knows..

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Which s4 model do you have on which carrier?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked your APN settings? You can find this under mobile networks.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try to clear cache in the bootloader

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

anon(605125)

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have wiped the cache and hard reset the phone and it still drops the AT&T mobile network. Missing texts and calls is a MAJOR problem for a phone to have. Crimony.:mad:

S4 32 Gb I337 AT&T

edit: AT&T wants to replace the phone with a refurbished one. How is that going to solve a buggy update? APN settings are written to sim and must be correct as it does connect after restarting device. Some hours later I find it disconnected.

Last edited: