Get the S4 or wait for S5??

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I am getting a new phone and I just am not sure if I should wait till April and get the S5 or just stick with the S4? Need some advice?? Thoughts?? The only thing that catches my eye about the S5 is the new lighter weight TouchWiz... but is it really worth waiting over a month??

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely wait. From S4 to the S5 isn't that big of an upgrade, but from anything else, it just makes more sense to get the S5. Shouldn't be too much more than the current price of the S4, but it has the increase in specs, better and less resource heavy software. I'd think it's worth the wait :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Problem is I need to do something I think I am currently using my work phone for everything and I am not supposed to be doing that.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Problem is I need to do something I think I am currently using my work phone for everything and I am not supposed to be doing that.

Hmm, then getting something sooner would probably be better for you. Is there anything specific about the S4 you like or are there other phones that interest you?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My daughter has the G2 and I am NOT a fan of that device. I like the camera on the S4.

Hehe, I am not either.
The camera on the S4 is great in most situations, excluding poorly lit situations or at night time.
Well, if you really need a personal device then the S4 should be fine. It's still a great phone, despite being a year old :D

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hehe, I am not either.
The camera on the S4 is great in most situations, excluding poorly lit situations or at night time.
Well, if you really need a personal device then the S4 should be fine. It's still a great phone, despite being a year old :D

I agree. I'd wait if i could but if you cant the S4 is still a fine choice.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Has yours updated to KitKat yet? Do you know if the new version of TouchWiz will be available for the S4?

It didn't get it with the Kit Kat update. Some carriers already have it, and its still the same old TW. Maybe when the S5 releases, they'll release it in a major update down the road
Edit: I am on Kit Kat, but it's not the stock ROM :D

unstoppablekem

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
To the op, as you're on AT&T, I think an idea would be to get a newer android phone. Have you checked out the nexus 5? It may have came out last year, but the specs are pretty much on par with the newer devices like the S5.

If you don't want that amazing and cheap unlocked phone, and want a carrier phone, I would suggest getting a Moto X, as that is still an excellent device, or a galaxy note 3, as it is basically an S4 that is more powerful and bigger.

Hope I helped! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante