Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhinc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Auto focus camera problems

So my Galaxy s4, the stock camera app wont auto focus. I have tried to download another camera app and that didn't help. I have cleared the cache for the app itself and I have put my phone into recovery mode and cleared the cache there. Anyone know what is up with this thing? It ticks me off.

Kernel version
    3.4.0-2048698

Android version

Can anyone help me figure out the problem here? And how to fix it?

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Auto focus camera problems

What happens when you tap on an area when taking a picture? Does the box show up? Anything of that nature?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerge man View Post
    So my Galaxy s4, the stock camera app wont auto focus. I have tried to download another camera app and that didn't help. I have cleared the cache for the app itself and I have put my phone into recovery mode and cleared the cache there. Anyone know what is up with this thing? It ticks me off.

Kernel version
    3.4.0-2048698

Android version

When it doubt. Factory reset. If that doesn't work, warranty.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Kernel version
    3.4.0-2048698

Android version

Wish I could help, I feel I've been experiencing trouble with the camera focus since updating to KitKat especially when using timer mode.
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Wish I could help, I feel I've been experiencing trouble with the camera focus since updating to KitKat especially when using timer mode.
    Me too...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Us Canadians in the great white North haven't got the KitKat upgrade yet, at least officially So not much I can offer for assistance.
    But I will say this. We may have to wait longer, but we get a solid upgrade with little to no issues, where I notice providers in the USA
    rush and there always ends up being massive problems
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
    sasha likes this.

I have the same issue, only got the phone yesterday, 2 factory resets, cleared cache nothing. Whats happening is when i select the camera app, on the screen is perfect picture for 1 second then goes blurry, taking it to samsung warranty centre so i will update.

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geotweetmcneil View Post
    I have the same issue, only got the phone yesterday, 2 factory resets, cleared cache nothing. Whats happening is when i select the camera app, on the screen is perfect picture for 1 second then goes blurry, taking it to samsung warranty centre so i will update.
    My problem is happening when I use the rear facing camera, with flash and timer. When I hit the button to take a picture the camera will first flash then start counting down to take the picture afterwards the picture is super dark, almost completely black.
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

The fix is you need the camera module replaced. Ordered mine on eBay yesterday, I'm going to do it myself. Follow the link on how to do it yourself. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by geotweetmcneil; 03-09-2014 at 07:47 AM. Reason: additional help
    Thanked by:

Kernel version
    3.4.0-2048698

Android version

Have you tried Settings >> Metering Mode >> Matrix ?

Well I changed camera module myself!! Easy job! S4 running sweet again!!

Sanjay is right. Had same problem. open camera app, menu/settings/metering mode/matrix . Thanks Sanjay, that was driving me nuts. Supposed to be one of the best cameras on a phone, i was really disapointed.