Hate the Galaxy S4 KitKat emojis

katersmc

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I recently received the Kitkat update for my Galaxy S4. I belong to Sprint. I am not a fan of the updated Samsung emojis. They do not match the emojis other kitkat users have through google. Is there a way I can change the Samsung emojis back to the Google emojis?

Last edited by a moderator:

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hate the Galaxy S4 kitkat emojis.

I updated my Galaxy S4 to and I'm not a fan of Samsung's emojis either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

katersmc

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hate the Galaxy S4 kitkat emojis.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! There has to be a way to fix it. If we get people up into space, there has to be a way to revert back to the Google emojis.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Does putting the Google keyboard on the phone help? Because I have Google emojis and I'm on 4.3

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

nra_luke

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 and I use Google keyboard emojis sometimes. They work decently well, but some aren't as appealing as on iOS. My problem is that the Google keyboard, and the Samsung keyboard don't support the flag emojis. I have had many instances where an American flag would be great, but I had to do without it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Alexey Kukharuk

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Has this issue been solved? Just received an update (4.4.2) to my Note 3 (Japanese scl22 model), and the Samsung emoji are driving me crazy. I'm a heavy hangouts user, as well as my friends and family, and this is just unacceptable... Unfortunately, no root for my model. Did Samsung admit the issue or is it another of those don't like it don't eat it things?

Sent from my amazing Galaxy Note 3.=)

ParadoxALT

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Dude I'm in the same boat... Is been driving me insane since I got the phone... I actually think I wouldn't have bought this phone if I knew how much this would annoy me.

martino1802

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the solution!

I had the same problem with the Note 2 and a KitKat TouchWiz Based ROM (Ditto v5)... The Samsung's emojis sucks. Originally I found a XDA thread with other NotoEmoji text files (Google an Apple ones...) but now with an app called Emoji Switcher (needs Root permission) you can simply choose one type of style (Google, Apple or Samsung) then click apply and reboot and... magic. You have done. Finally Google Emojis! :D :cool: