Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't modify mp3 music tags

I have a galaxy s4 GT i9500 with Kitkat and India Firmware, it is also rooted. My problem is that now I can not modify the tags of my music with any application, when I press the save button it says: can not modify...( file name)... Because do not have permissions to modify files. When my phone was in Jellybean 4.3 there was not problem. What can I do?

Default Re: Can't modify mp3 music tags

Do you keep your music on a micro SD or is it on the internal memory? Try moving all of your music to the internal storage. Works for me on the s5

Default Re: Can't modify mp3 music tags

I couldn't edit the tags and from what i have read the problem lies in the operating system of the phone, and i have tried a lot of things. The one thing that worked for me is since it didn't do it for every song i edited the ones it would let me edit on my phone card, than i re tagged the ones that wouldn't let me edit, thru Windows Media Player to copy & paste again and replace the file on the sd card. I realize it is a lot of work and is very tedious but if your as anal as i am about the appearance of my music on my devices it's worth it just to know i beat the problem.