Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What happens during a factory reset? Does it update FW?

I've been reading a lot of things on here about the 4.3 update and the 4.4 update. I did the 4.3 update a while back and it seemed like all was ok, but it began to show signs of the battery draining a bit quicker than I'm used to. Maybe I just got paranoid reading about everyone else's bad experiences, I don't know, but I remember when I used to unplug my phone at 5 am, and come home from work at 5 pm, and still have the battery in the high 80 percentage, and that's after making a call or two, chatting on IM with my wife for a while, checking the weather, etc, normal usage basically. Now, it comes home in the 40% to 50% after the same kind of day. I've gone through and saved everything I can think of, took screenshots of my homescreens etc just in case things get lost so I know where they all were and what I had. I'm planning on doing a factory re-set, and fix it up, but then I thought, wait, I don't remember if when you first bring up the S4 if it attempts to update itself? If it does, it may try and put 4.4.2 on it, and I really don't want to deal with that right now, not with all the bad things I've been reading about it. I'm already sorry enough to have put on 4.3 as a test, and realized later that I cannot downgrade it back to 4.2.2. Grr. Owell. So, my question is before I do this, if I do a factory reset, does it attempt to update the firmware, in this case to 4.4.2 (kitkat)?

capT

EDIT: Well, just thought to look on Youtube, and after watching some stuff there, it doesn't look like it does, so maybe I'll just go ahead and do it. Mods, feel free to delete this thread if you wish.