Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to disable home button from waking up phone?

I just got my s4 and would like to have it power on (wake up) only with the on/off button on the top right of the phone. Mine wakes up with the home button also (bottom center). This happens too much when putting it in or taking it out of my pocket, did they mean to have 2 buttons that do the same thing or is there a setting I can toggle to disable home button from waking phone up?
    Thanks much!
    R.L. Hamm

Global Posts
    9,796 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: how to disable home button from waking up phone?

Quote Originally Posted by rhgrafix View Post
    I just got my s4 and would like to have it power on (wake up) only with the on/off button on the top right of the phone. Mine wakes up with the home button also (bottom center). This happens too much when putting it in or taking it out of my pocket, did they mean to have 2 buttons that do the same thing or is there a setting I can toggle to disable home button from waking phone up?
    Thanks much!
    R.L. Hamm
    Welcome to AC
    Don't think this can be done on the stock firmware. Some ROMs have the option to disable it, but for some reason it still wakes the phone up, or at least on mine it does.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply, yesterday I ordered a soft case for it, hopefully the plastic surrounding the button will hinder the accidental pushing of the home button, maybe a little???
    I do NOT want to root the phone to get any added tweaks.
    R.L. Hamm

Global Posts
    9,796 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by rhgrafix View Post
    Thanks for the reply, yesterday I ordered a soft case for it, hopefully the plastic surrounding the button will hinder the accidental pushing of the home button, maybe a little???
    I do NOT want to root the phone to get any added tweaks.
    R.L. Hamm
    I rarely push the button even when putting in/pulling out the phone of my jeans. I'm sure the case will make some difference

Sent via Tapatalk
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I rarely push the button even when putting in/pulling out the phone of my jeans. I'm sure the case will make some difference

Sent via Tapatalk
    I rarely if ever push the button either, maybe because I'm use to not pushing it. If I do so happen to put my phone in a pocket, I always put it in upside down, so when I grab it out the button is on the opposite in, guess that probably wasn't the fix you were looking for! LOL
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5