how to disable home button from waking up phone?

rhgrafix

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got my s4 and would like to have it power on (wake up) only with the on/off button on the top right of the phone. Mine wakes up with the home button also (bottom center). This happens too much when putting it in or taking it out of my pocket, did they mean to have 2 buttons that do the same thing or is there a setting I can toggle to disable home button from waking phone up?
Thanks much!
R.L. Hamm

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got my s4 and would like to have it power on (wake up) only with the on/off button on the top right of the phone. Mine wakes up with the home button also (bottom center). This happens too much when putting it in or taking it out of my pocket, did they mean to have 2 buttons that do the same thing or is there a setting I can toggle to disable home button from waking phone up?
Thanks much!
R.L. Hamm

Welcome to AC :)
Don't think this can be done on the stock firmware. Some ROMs have the option to disable it, but for some reason it still wakes the phone up, or at least on mine it does.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

rhgrafix

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, yesterday I ordered a soft case for it, hopefully the plastic surrounding the button will hinder the accidental pushing of the home button, maybe a little???
I do NOT want to root the phone to get any added tweaks.
R.L. Hamm

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, yesterday I ordered a soft case for it, hopefully the plastic surrounding the button will hinder the accidental pushing of the home button, maybe a little???
I do NOT want to root the phone to get any added tweaks.
R.L. Hamm

I rarely push the button even when putting in/pulling out the phone of my jeans. I'm sure the case will make some difference

Sent via Tapatalk

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I rarely push the button even when putting in/pulling out the phone of my jeans. I'm sure the case will make some difference

Sent via Tapatalk

I rarely if ever push the button either, maybe because I'm use to not pushing it. If I do so happen to put my phone in a pocket, I always put it in upside down, so when I grab it out the button is on the opposite in, guess that probably wasn't the fix you were looking for! LOL;)

rhgrafix

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
That is a good idea, but it seems that the lower the button is, the more chance you'll sit on the (b.u.t.t'on), see what I did there? Most jeans still don't have a side phone pocket (get with it Levi's), 8th wonder of the world.
Ramon

Last edited:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There is some apps on the play store that help you reprogram the HOME KEY. "Home2 Shortcut" os one of them! Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc