Proximity Sensor on Verizon Galaxy S4

silvercrank999

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody have an issue with the proximity sensor not turning the screen back on when you take your phone off your ear after or during a call? Mine used to work fine, but now I have to hit the home button to wake it up in order to end a call. The setting is turned on in my call settings.

Posted via Android Central App

BillSAB

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been struggling with the same problem with my Sprint S4. Some blogs say to blow out the link in the speaker area.. which works for some people. Some do phone reboots with or without battery removal... that works for some. Some have gone through trouble to do a factory hardware reset and that works for some, and not others.

Except for the hardware reset, I've done all of that and nothing worked.. Finally found what worked for me and doesn't require a factory reset. Go into settings, more..., application manager. Scroll to the right until you reach the "All" column. Scroll down to the "Phone" app, (not phone info) and press clear cache and clear data. Restart the phone (not just blank the screen, but reboot)... this should do it.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I think many times it's a software issue because the sensor works in all other instances. I just hit the home button to get the screen back if I need it in a call.

Both my old Motorolas (Droid and Droid X2) had the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol