Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: amazing battery performance

Well this is strange. I've had the S4 since last May and have been plagued by abysmal battery life. I've every tried battery tweaker app I'd read about to no avail. Turn off GPS, WIFI, BT, etc. And I'd be recharging everyday about 6 hours into my 12 hour shift at work, after only moderate usage. Generally just texts, a little Facebooking, a call or two. This past December I decided enough was enough and bought a Mophie battery case. It helped but barely. That would be out of juice by about 11am and then kick over to the built in battery. Before my shift was over at 7 I'd still have to have a bump. just to make it home.

Well two weeks ago ATT released the KitKat update and I immediately upgraded. Well the next day my phone started acting strange (would not wake up was the main issue). So last Sunday I had to bite the bullet and did a factory restore. It went smoother than I thought but still not as smooth as an iOS restore, but I digress. The point of my post is, ever since the restore my battery life has been phenomenal. My Mophie will last until mid afternoon and the phone still has a power to go at bed time.

Now, I haven't reloaded every single app and widget I had before but I'm beginning to think that something in my original install was draining the battery faster than it should.

Makes me wish I had done a restore months ago.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Default Re: Galaxy S4: amazing battery performance

Me too.

Ever since kitkat update, my phone also working awesome in terms of battery life.

I didn't need any restore.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app