KitKat feedback for Galaxy S4

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My s4 is on tmobile, so I haven't received the update yet. But looking through the forums, it has a generally good response of better battery life and faster performance. Is this true for you? Leave your feed back, much appreciated :)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My s4 is on tmobile, so I haven't received the update yet. But looking through the forums, it has a generally good response of better battery life and faster performance. Is this true for you? Leave your feed back, much appreciated :)

I actually made a thread about changes and experience I had.

Anyway , Battery life is much much improved especially Wifi Stand-by time is just phenomenal.It really depends on what you are expecting , So I would like to state an example :
Yesterday night , I used device for about 30-40 minutes on auto brightness and Kept Wifi turned ON for straight 9 hours , I woke up and battery was still 85%.

I didn't see any performance degradation or any improvements , its fast as before (maybe I didn't notice because I turned off animations)

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Funny how I received the update the day after I posted about it. The phone has received some changes to it looks, such as the notification bar, keyboard, and camera icon in lock screen. But its running very fast! It was already quite smooth on 4.3 but its even better.

Abk92

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
What about the overall battery performance?

I'm still on 4.2. Saw an upgrade of about 696MB but I dont want to update because I believe that's 4.3. I want to update kit kat straight away.

Fabian F

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
What about apps to SD? I heard people having problems with it.
If people are having problems should we rove the SD card before updating to kit Kat?

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
What about apps to SD? I heard people having problems with it.
If people are having problems should we rove the SD card before updating to kit Kat?

My SD card hasn't been affected nor the apps on it. There has been others with different results though so be careful.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
What about the overall battery performance?

I'm still on 4.2. Saw an upgrade of about 696MB but I dont want to update because I believe that's 4.3. I want to update kit kat straight away.

Battery lasted me all day today with moderate usage, I think its a better performance from it, but not drastically

Fabian F

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I updated to kit Kat. However, I did not receive the camera lock screen and google now launcher. In addition, the hide app feature is gone. I have gs4 with t-mobile.

sad cricket

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I updated to kit Kat. However, I did not receive the camera lock screen and google now launcher. In addition, the hide app feature is gone. I have gs4 with t-mobile.

Thank you for the clarification about not being able to download google now launcher with T-Mobile. It makes sense to me know. I have been looking at a few vids about Kitkat on youtube and my phone is doesn't have near the capabilities as other phones with the same 4.4. It's a wonder to me why T-Mobile does not include Google Now Launcher which is central to the Kitkat update. Sort of like running a sprint with both hands tied behind your back. No sense.

vishal khatri

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
guys what abt me i still didnt got the update am using gti9505 in india....on vodafone actually my device is from uk so...any idea??? and i checked on google and it said 4.4 released in europe and aisa so??? will i reveive it?

the red apartment

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I've got a UK S4 on O2 network.
Was looking forward to the camera in the lockscreen feature but nothing like it came with update.
In fact, an older lockscreen issue (namely that once you opted for the pattern lock you couldn't deactivate it) has become worse. Now, in trying out the new update and trying to overcome that old problem, I now have to enter a security pin, and can't even return to the pattern lock - therefore it's even harder now to get into phone than before! I've given up on quick access to the camera app, that's the stuff of dreams.
OTHER NEWS:
Google calendar and keep apps were removed in the update. So too Snapseed, all though have been re-installed. Had to re populate calendar with external calendars lie iCal (3rd party cloud sync app)
Speed comparable to before.
-
All told, disappointing.
Regards,
TRA

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Iv noticed improvement in smoothness and the touch wiz lag was reduced, nice new annimation on unlock and much faster. I really noticed the performance change.

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how I can block the kit kat update from downloading on Verizon Samsung galaxy s4. Unless I can use the "S" features without using tw then I don't want the update. Hope I'm in the right thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463