Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Userdictionary high CPU usage

I have a i9505 and I updated to android 4.4 and I have an issue with high CPU usage, I may have had the issue on 4.2 too but I am not sure.

Occasionally I notice high CPU usage and my battery life is quickly starts falling. I see two android.process.acore using a lot of CPU and I cannot kill them. When I look at them they are both com.android.providers.userdictionary and seem to refuse any attempt to end the process. The only apps I had used since booting the phone was whatsapp , gosms and email app (only to view and not reply to any emails) I have tried changing to a different sms application and the problems still occurs and the sms is what causes it

I have not loaded any new applications and I cannot see what has called the userdictionary process and why it keeps coming up and using high CPU.

A reboot of the device solves the issue, but it will recur again at some point.

Help?