Camera taking dark pictures since Kitkat update

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So ever since the KitKat update I've been having problems with my rear camera while using the timer settings. I'll set the timer for 10 seconds, Auto Exposure on, Flash on which are the same settings I used before the update, I'm also using the same exact location and lighting. When I press the button to start the count down the camera flashes first (never noticed that happening before) than it starts counting down (picture looks fine on screen) once the picture is taking it comes out super dark. I can take 10 pictures the same way back to back and 7 of them will be dark like this, any clue what could be happening anyone else having this issue. This is happening even if I change the exposure value to make it brighter.

anon(7820633)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
So ever since the KitKat update I've been having problems with my rear camera while using the timer settings. I'll set the timer for 10 seconds, Auto Exposure on, Flash on which are the same settings I used before the update, I'm also using the same exact location and lighting. When I press the button to start the count down the camera flashes first (never noticed that happening before) than it starts counting down (picture looks fine on screen) once the picture is taking it comes out super dark. I can take 10 pictures the same way back to back and 7 of them will be dark like this, any clue what could be happening anyone else having this issue. This is happening even if I change the exposure value to make it brighter.

Try turning up exposure

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Try turning up exposure

Yes thank you I've tried that, but I did realized last night that between hitting the camera button, and placing the phone down the screen is dimming for some reason which is causing the dark picture. Not sure why just have to make sure the screen doesn't dim before after hitting the camera button.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463