Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Shortcut for camera app removed,how can I get it back? 4.4.2 Kitkat

Hello Guys!

After the offical UK Kitkat update I removed the camera shortcut from my home screen because I thought I can access to my camera from the lock screen. But now I cannot add the default camera shortcut to my home screen because it's not appearing in the app draver,nor in the disabled applications. However I can start the camera from the lock screen.

Anybody know a solution for this?

Thank You.

Default Re: Shortcut for camera app removed,how can I get it back? 4.4.2 Kitkat

Its best you describe your handset type, whether its a Samsung or any other device. I noticed you mentioned that you do not see the camera icon in the app drawer, can you try adding the widget and see whether its there?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry It is a Samsung Galaxy S4. I cannot see the widget in the widget list,however I haven't had any widget for the camera before just the app shortcut in the 4.3 Jelly Bean,but in the Kitkat It disappeared.

See lockscreen settings and shortcut as camera or custom

Remove pattern lock and Pass code. Use swipe to unlock

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app