Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help Please :)

Please Help!
    Hi All

Im not to new to this but im struggling and hopefully someone can shed some light.

I updated yesterday to 4.4 in the uk on tesco mobile (O2) and i havent really seen many changes.

I know alot of them are "under the hood" but everywhere i see is new wallpapers new screen app designs and new dialer design also with the new call id feature.

I actually had an 0800 call earlier and it was same as old 4.3?

Have i not done something or are these not features available to the S4 etc.

Please can someone shed some light.

ThNKS

dAN

Default Re: Help Please :)

Are you sure you completed the ugrade? Check your softwar eversion and verify its 4.4
    You should definitely notice the differences, both in performance (although slight), and in visual.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi Thanks for quick reply, yea its 4.4.2 if i tap the build i get the kitkat easter egg thing!

i can def notice some performance differences but nothing else, im sure the wigets have changed too but dont have that either its just the same?.

The things i have noticed is that there is a couple of different options when removing an app, also the camera on the lock screen.

is there new wallpapers, is there the dialler change? have you got this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Millzey13 View Post
    Hi Thanks for quick reply, yea its 4.4.2 if i tap the build i get the kitkat easter egg thing!

i can def notice some performance differences but nothing else, im sure the wigets have changed too but dont have that either its just the same?.

The things i have noticed is that there is a couple of different options when removing an app, also the camera on the lock screen.

is there new wallpapers, is there the dialler change? have you got this?

Thanks
    If you want to change dialer , you can use a 3rd party dialer such as this or contacts app like this

That's the beauty of Android , You can customize many things if you don't like.

btw , What color dialer are you having ?

edit : i think you might be confused with 4.4 on Galaxy S5 which has many differences compared to 4.4 on Galaxy S4.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

hi

Yes im aware that can customise but its more irritatiing if i should have something and havent.

No as far as im aware the kitkate 4.4 on galaxy s4 should have a new dialer icon and new functions such as caller id for 0800 etc numbers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Millzey13 View Post
    hi

Yes im aware that can customise but its more irritatiing if i should have something and havent.

No as far as im aware the kitkate 4.4 on galaxy s4 should have a new dialer icon and new functions such as caller id for 0800 etc numbers.

Thanks
    That's only for the nexus 5,google kept it exclusive for them only.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Rashawn29 View Post
    That's only for the nexus 5,google kept it exclusive for them only.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

ok great thank you.