Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Widgets constantly crash in 4.4.2

Ever since the 4.4.2 update my widgets will regularly stop responding.
    This is characterized by the clock widgets stopping, widget buttons stop working, etc and the home screens lag like crazy.
    This same issue happened in 4.2 but was fixed in 4.3.
    Nova Launcher now sometimes notifies me when my widgets have all crashed and will prevent me from accessing the glitching home screens, which is a nice feature. Bravo Nova.
    The only way to remedy the problem is to restart the phone and wait a few hours until they all stop responding again and the horrendous lag is back.

Nobody else seems to have posted about this problem, even when I noticed it in 4.2.
    Does anyone know what is wrong and why this bug has come back in 4.4.2?

This bug paired with the SD card BS really makes me regret this phone's existence.

Posted via Android Central App

Same

Edit: and for some reason the weather widget thinks it's 40 degrees hotter than it actually is?

Default Re: Widgets constantly crash in 4.4.2

What Build Number are you guys on? I'm on XXFNBU3 and I don't have that issue, my widgets run just fine, I've never had them stop working ever.

When you guys updated to 4.4.2 did you do a format?
    Main: Samsung GALAXY Note 4 LTE Cat.6 Charcoal Black
    Spare: Samsung GALAXY S4 32GB Black Mist
    Tablet: Apple iPad4 WiFi+3G/LTE White
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My build number is 18 characters and ends with PUFNAE.

My best guess is that this bug might be carrier-specific. I'm on Sprint. My neighbor who has an S4 on AT&T never had this issue in 4.2. Neither of us have formatted our phones for any updates yet his home screens have always been much smoother than mine.

It would do no good to format now since Kies sync no longer works thanks to the SD card bug. I'd lose all my preferences.

Default Re: Widgets constantly crash in 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_GP View Post
    What Build Number are you guys on? I'm on XXFNBU3 and I don't have that issue, my widgets run just fine, I've never had them stop working ever.

When you guys updated to 4.4.2 did you do a format?
    Don't know and nope, I don't think I've got a way to restore if I do that. I've never formatted any device before updating, and they've all been fine (except 4.4.2, that one has a few issues). Hassle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by graysonk95 View Post
    My build number is 18 characters and ends with PUFNAE.

My best guess is that this bug might be carrier-specific. I'm on Sprint. My neighbor who has an S4 on AT&T never had this issue in 4.2. Neither of us have formatted our phones for any updates yet his home screens have always been much smoother than mine.

It would do no good to format now since Kies sync no longer works thanks to the SD card bug. I'd lose all my preferences.

Kies has never worked for me, it always errors out or gets stuck when trying to make a backup