Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I9505 Overheating issue

Hello,

I recently bought two i9505 devices. The following issue applies on both of them.
    They had the 4.3 android version and upgraded to 4.4.2. Currently I am using the XXUFNB9 firmware.

When I turn on 3G, the phone temperature starts rising. After 10-15 minutes of simple browsing (without having any apps running in the background) the phone gets very hot. The battery % is fine I have not noticed any drain.

I know that heating was an issue on these phones, but know it's fixed. I understand that with a 4-core processor it's normal for the phone to heat, but in my case I think it's too much and without any heavy use (just browsing as I said before).

I tried doing a factory reset but the problem is not fixed. Someone told me to flash the 4.4.2 version again, but I'm afraid it will trigger the Knox flag and void the guarranty. I read many complains of this happening, even if they were flashing an OFFICIAL firmware

Global Posts
    25,224 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: I9505 Overheating issue

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowReaperGR View Post
    Hello,

I recently bought two i9505 devices. The following issue applies on both of them.
    They had the 4.3 android version and upgraded to 4.4.2. Currently I am using the XXUFNB9 firmware.

When I turn on 3G, the phone temperature starts rising. After 10-15 minutes of simple browsing (without having any apps running in the background) the phone gets very hot. The battery % is fine I have not noticed any drain.

I know that heating was an issue on these phones, but know it's fixed. I understand that with a 4-core processor it's normal for the phone to heat, but in my case I think it's too much and without any heavy use (just browsing as I said before).

I tried doing a factory reset but the problem is not fixed. Someone told me to flash the 4.4.2 version again, but I'm afraid it will trigger the Knox flag and void the guarranty. I read many complains of this happening, even if they were flashing an OFFICIAL firmware
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try clearing cache in recovery and see if that helps.
    Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Try the S3 method.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the reply. I have already done that but it did not help

Global Posts
    25,224 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Flashing a stock ROM shouldn't trigger the Knox counter. Do you have a Samsung center near you that you can take it to?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Flashing a stock ROM shouldn't trigger the Knox counter. Do you have a Samsung center near you that you can take it to?
    Yes, I will take it. The problem is that it happens in both devices and they may say that it is normal to generate some heat. And the feeling of heat is subjective to each person.

Of course, the center would try to say that everything is fine, so I would like to know any ways I can "pressure" them into looking more at it

bro...same problem im facing!!! phone gets too much hot specially near the earpiece!!! am too using the same firmware as u!