Samsung + Verizon = Fail

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have to say I am extraordinarily disappointed with both Samsung and Verizon right now. Samsung takes forever to update the OS because of TW which I don't even want anyway, and Verizon just makes it even worse adding an additional 2 months.

I am considering a GPE or nexus phone as my next and activating it on ATT or T Mo as my next phone. What do you guys think about the relationship between OEM's and Carriers? What do you think needs improved or is already fine?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the Nexus. That should get the updates first, with the GPe a couple weeks behind. Verizon is especially bad at adding bloatware to ROMs.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
There are both downsides and good side of OS delay.

Getting updates very fast sometimes can have unstable versions with lot of bugs and issues but if you want latest and great OS , Try getting a Nexus but don't be sure because Nexus also gets updates according to regions.

Problem with Google is , they release the update as soon as its out , which introduces so many issues like battery drains , reboots etc.They don't beta test it much.

If you want to get updates on the same day but after beta-testing , iPhone is the best bet and you will never have any trouble in such things.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4 after an android phone and switched right back. I'm not much a fan of apple as a company either. With my nexus 7 2012 I have never really grad a problem with updates. I have a g pad gpe and I love that t too. I guess I'll probably wait and see what the nexus 6 looks like. I have a year left on my plan with Verizon, but I am willing to pay the ETF if I have to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4 after an android phone and switched right back. I'm not much a fan of apple as a company either. With my nexus 7 2012 I have never really grad a problem with updates. I have a g pad gpe and I love that t too. I guess I'll probably wait and see what the nexus 6 looks like. I have a year left on my plan with Verizon, but I am willing to pay the ETF if I have to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Nexus 5 is more than enough imo unless you want a much better camera and GPU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12