Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung + Verizon = Fail

I have to say I am extraordinarily disappointed with both Samsung and Verizon right now. Samsung takes forever to update the OS because of TW which I don't even want anyway, and Verizon just makes it even worse adding an additional 2 months.

I am considering a GPE or nexus phone as my next and activating it on ATT or T Mo as my next phone. What do you guys think about the relationship between OEM's and Carriers? What do you think needs improved or is already fine?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Samsung + Verizon = Fail

I would go with the Nexus. That should get the updates first, with the GPe a couple weeks behind. Verizon is especially bad at adding bloatware to ROMs.

There are both downsides and good side of OS delay.

Getting updates very fast sometimes can have unstable versions with lot of bugs and issues but if you want latest and great OS , Try getting a Nexus but don't be sure because Nexus also gets updates according to regions.

Problem with Google is , they release the update as soon as its out , which introduces so many issues like battery drains , reboots etc.They don't beta test it much.

If you want to get updates on the same day but after beta-testing , iPhone is the best bet and you will never have any trouble in such things.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I had an iPhone 4 after an android phone and switched right back. I'm not much a fan of apple as a company either. With my nexus 7 2012 I have never really grad a problem with updates. I have a g pad gpe and I love that t too. I guess I'll probably wait and see what the nexus 6 looks like. I have a year left on my plan with Verizon, but I am willing to pay the ETF if I have to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by benhaube View Post
    I had an iPhone 4 after an android phone and switched right back. I'm not much a fan of apple as a company either. With my nexus 7 2012 I have never really grad a problem with updates. I have a g pad gpe and I love that t too. I guess I'll probably wait and see what the nexus 6 looks like. I have a year left on my plan with Verizon, but I am willing to pay the ETF if I have to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5 is more than enough imo unless you want a much better camera and GPU.