Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Disabling Youtube, Play books, Drive, Play Newsstand etc.

When i tried to disable it what happened it just uninstalled the newest updates and then when i go to play store they are there so i can update them. Is it possible to totally get rid of them like transfer them to the disabled apps without rooting? Or even though they are in the disabled apps they are not functioning unless i update them?

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Disabling Youtube, Play books, Drive, Play Newsstand etc.

If you want to disable preinstalled or system apps, you have to uninstall all updates first. Once they're uninstalled, and the app has reverted back to the factory version, you should be able to tap on a Disable button on the app page of the App Manager. Once an app is disabled, it should show up as Disabled in the Play Store as well, with an option to Enable it.