Kitkat 4.4.2 phone app update

Thunder204

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
New user!
I've read on-line that the new KitKat 4.4.2 software updated the phone app amongst other things. After the update to 4.4.2 mine is exactly the same as it was on 4.3. I'm on the Rogers network (lucky me). Has anyone had their phone app update? This is what I read about the phone app: Thanks.

Calls
"The Phone app sits bottom left in the dock on your home screen (although the dock can be customized to your liking). Fire it up and you'll find that frequently contacted people are prominently displayed.
Android 4.4 KitKat
There's a search bar at the very top for contacts or nearby places, and it auto-suggests as you type, so you'll rarely need to input more than a couple of letters.
Your last call is highlighted at the top, with three favourites below that, and then the rest of your contact list. It only fills this in as and when you call people.
Three icons sit at the bottom: on the left you have a call log, in the middle there's the dial pad, and on the right is where you can add, import or export contacts, and access call settings.
The caller ID system has also been improved, so that it can automatically search for businesses with a matching number in listings on Google Maps, if the phone number calling you is not listed in your contacts.
There's nothing Earth-shattering going on here, but Google's bet that most of us only frequently contact a small group of people is a safe one, and it makes the Phone app faster to use."

mwrmt

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I've found so far:

1 - I'd like to know what the camera icon is doing on the bottom right of my lock screen. Can I remove that?

2 - this has messed up my "Connect for Hotmail" app. It says webpage not available.
SOLUTION - switched to outlook.com app

3 - it won't allow me to assign a colour to my newly added events in Dejaoffice calendar. And now it seems to take forever to respond or enter an event.

4 - it seems that Google search is now an automatic upload and you cannot uninstall the updates, you have to force stop it.

This is really frustrating. Can I revert back to the older version?
Answer from Telus, No, you cannot revert back to old, wait for updates from app creators.

I'm using an S4 on Telus Mobility

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress