kit kat update draining battery

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just did the Kit Kat update like 10 minutes ago on my S4 and the battery is already down by 20% that's insane.... its never been like that .... it indicates that the screen brightness is the app using up the most battery but the brightness isn't even up and its never drained that fast whats happening!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just did the Kit Kat update like 10 minutes ago on my S4 and the battery is already down by 20% that's insane.... its never been like that .... it indicates that the screen brightness is the app using up the most battery but the brightness isn't even up and its never drained that fast whats happening!!!!

Try clearing cache in recovery. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
There may be a conflict in some of the cached data causing some of the battery drain.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

If you're using the phone, the screen will always be the biggest drain on the battery, regardless of brightness. Anyway, try what was mentioned above and then wait a few hours to see if it helped

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2