- 53 Posts
best way to delete all phone data prior to trading in?
I just cracked my screen and have insurance through bb. only option is they replace phone with a refurb one. Talking with the geek squad guy he they send the phone to a 3 rd party who uses them for parts and he assured me the me HD in the phone is removed and thrown away. Not sure how true that is but regardless I would like to wipe phone clean if possible.
Can I just remove it from the phone?
Posted via Android Central App
- 03-18-2014, 07:14 AM #2
Re: best way to delete all phone data prior to trading in?
If your screen is still responsive to touch then you need to sign out of/remove your account from the phone through Settings/Accounts option. Next would be to do a Factory Reset and thats about the best you can do plus make sure you remove anything important from your internal storage like pics, etc.
As far as having a removable HD, you don't really have a physical HD like a computer. You have flash memory which will be erased.
- 03-18-2014, 10:56 AM #3
- By etteling in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 13Last Post: 03-26-2016, 01:31 PM
- By Eddie Huang in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2014, 04:23 PM
- By jeff zen in forum Sony Xperia ZLReplies: 6Last Post: 04-06-2014, 06:30 PM
- By nickvicious in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2014, 11:03 PM
- By anakkk in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 0Last Post: 03-17-2014, 09:40 PM