- 46 Posts
best way to delete all phone data prior to trading in?
I just cracked my screen and have insurance through bb. only option is they replace phone with a refurb one. Talking with the geek squad guy he they send the phone to a 3 rd party who uses them for parts and he assured me the me HD in the phone is removed and thrown away. Not sure how true that is but regardless I would like to wipe phone clean if possible.
Can I just remove it from the phone?
Posted via Android Central App
- 03-18-2014, 07:14 AM #2
Re: best way to delete all phone data prior to trading in?
If your screen is still responsive to touch then you need to sign out of/remove your account from the phone through Settings/Accounts option. Next would be to do a Factory Reset and thats about the best you can do plus make sure you remove anything important from your internal storage like pics, etc.
As far as having a removable HD, you don't really have a physical HD like a computer. You have flash memory which will be erased.Paul
Moderator @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- 03-18-2014, 10:56 AM #3
- By etteling in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 07-10-2015, 10:38 PM
- By Eddie Huang in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2014, 04:23 PM
- By jeff zen in forum Sony Xperia ZLReplies: 6Last Post: 04-06-2014, 06:30 PM
- By nickvicious in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2014, 11:03 PM
- By anakkk in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 0Last Post: 03-17-2014, 09:40 PM