Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Edible Walrus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Since 4.4.2 this has happened one time. It's gotten my battery down to 25% in under 10 hours

It's a bigger power hog than my screen

Posted via Android Central App
    JLTEEXO likes this.

Default Re: Android System killing battery

Would you be able to take a screenshot for us regarding the battery stats and also your screen on time?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Android System killing battery-2014-03-19-21.32.05.jpg
    Android System killing battery-2014-03-19-21.32.13.jpg
    Android System killing battery-2014-03-19-21.32.19.jpg

It's charging now, because I hit 1% battery. Does NFC have anything to do with it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Again Android System is killing my battery. Can't post picture am on the app

I would try rebooting your phone. I've had it happen a few times and that fixed it for me.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's currently the biggest source of battery drain on my phone

I just started having the same issue with Android System killing my battery. At times, my note 3 is listing it sucking up 46% of the battery. I've done a restart and cleared my cache.

Note 3 (4.4.2) T-mobile

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I'm one of those guys that are always looking at the battery Consumption, I even have a Shortcut of the Battery Apps on my Home Screen, so I can tell you that since I got this phone back in April last year, everything has been constant on battery consumption, always my Screen is the one with the highest usage there, immediately after I updated to 4.4.2 the Android System has been equal or higher than Screen.

My battery seems to drain faster, but I have noticed that it's strictly related to Wifi, I mean, when I'm at home and connected to the Wifi I can see that even when the Phone is on Standby, my batter is draining faster than ever, when I look at the battery stats I can see that Android System is getting higher and higher numbers, then one time just by curiosity I simply turned the wifi off and suddenly Android System just stopped there and my battery consumption normalized. So next day I saw the same so I turned off the wifi again and I there I had the phone back to normal.

So, my conclusion after my 2 weeks tests is that for some reason, after Kit Kat our phones are using very different the Wifi and this is causing the Battery Drain issue, now I just turn the wifi off, and just turn it on when I'm using the phone and need faster downloads or don't want to use tons of Cell Data. Try this and see what happens.
    Thanked by:

after Kit Kat our phones are using very different the Wifi and this is causing the Battery Drain issue, now I just turn the wifi off, and just turn it on when I'm using the phone and need faster downloads or don't want to use tons of Cell Data. Try this and see what happens.
    Galaxy S4 user here.My phone is on 4.4.2 version.
    My Wifi is turned ON for 14 hours straight and this is my battery life :

Android System killing battery-screenshot_2014-03-22-11-44-36.jpg

Android System killing battery-screenshot_2014-03-22-11-44-42.jpg

Android System killing battery-screenshot_2014-03-22-11-44-29.jpg

Sync turned ON : dropbox , facebook , google , pushbullet , samsung account , sync apps with facebook , twitter and whatsapp are active accounts.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Like I said before, I'm one of the obsessed ones related to battery so I can tell you that I know what I'm talking about and know my phone behavior very well, been monitoring this for 11 months I can assure you that it has been extraordinary consistent and extremely good on battery life, best phone I've had related to battery. Then it came the Kit Kat update, and without changing anything on my network environment, and a full phone reset for the update, since the save day I updated I've been having the issue presented on this thread.

So I decided to troubleshoot this and what I've found after 2 weeks tests is what I mentioned here, only thing that had stopped the huge and new Android System high battery usage is turning the Wi-Fi off, so, I'm just passing my findings here so others can try, if others have the same results than me, then we can assume that something has changed with the Wi-Fi on the new update and maybe we can let z Samsung know about it.

Anyway, I just pre-ordered the S5 so I'm just having my S4 until the new one arrived, after that, if it was something with just the S4, it's on you to keep it trying to see what maybe different or wrong now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post
    Galaxy S4 user here.My phone is on 4.4.2 version.
    My Wifi is turned ON for 14 hours straight and this is my battery life :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-44-36.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	109020

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-44-42.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	109022

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-44-29.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	109023

Sync turned ON : dropbox , facebook , google , pushbullet , samsung account , sync apps with facebook , twitter and whatsapp are active accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    Like I said before, I'm one of the obsessed ones related to battery so I can tell you that I know what I'm talking about and know my phone behavior very well, been monitoring this for 11 months I can assure you that it has been extraordinary consistent and extremely good on battery life, best phone I've had related to battery. Then it came the Kit Kat update, and without changing anything on my network environment, and a full phone reset for the update, since the save day I updated I've been having the issue presented on this thread.

So I decided to troubleshoot this and what I've found after 2 weeks tests is what I mentioned here, only thing that had stopped the huge and new Android System high battery usage is turning the Wi-Fi off, so, I'm just passing my findings here so others can try, if others have the same results than me, then we can assume that something has changed with the Wi-Fi on the new update and maybe we can let z Samsung know about it.

Anyway, I just pre-ordered the S5 so I'm just having my S4 until the new one arrived, after that, if it was something with just the S4, it's on you to keep it trying to see what maybe different or wrong now.
    I had same issue you were describing with 4.3 but after 4.4 , no more issues.