Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Annoying recurring sound

Iím having a problem similar to one I saw posted in the S3 forum that didnít resolve my problem. I get a recurring sound similar to the one used on Fox News alerts, it fades in from the background and culminates in a resounding clanking sound. It happens quite frequently (at least once an hour) and does so without any accompanying notification message or icon. Iíve tried all of the following without success:

Disabled ALL application notifications
    Used the Blocking Mode to turn off notifications
    Turned off NFC
    Deleted Yahoo Mail

The sound happens while sitting inactive, while listening to radio and while using applications. Curiously it hasnít happened while talking on the phone or texting but I do little of both. Itís also louder than it should be for the volume setting and can be heard quite resoundingly even with the phone set at the lowest volume level. This is not only a nuisance but a problem as I like to keep my phone on overnight on the nightstand next to my bed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Annoying recurring sound

Uninstall your apps reverse to the order you got them. It is likely a rogue app.