why does my boyfriend get mt text in Chinese writing?

daLesko

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me. I have a Note 4 and girl friend has a Galaxy 6. We have both had our phone for 6 months or so and this is the first time it has happened. It only happened on 2 texts so far. All the rest come through ok. The interesting thing is that if I copy and paste the same text and send it to her, it comes to her in the Chinese looking characters every time I send it... but other texts get to her ok.

It seems like each phone has its own emojis... and Apple definitely has different ones than those found on androids, although they have some in common. The emojis not in common with both phones are interpreted differently on the receiving phone then what the sending phone sent. The emojis are just a text code so the receiving phone must interpret it and convert it to the appropriate icon. A lot of my Apple friends send emojis that my Note 4 does not have... so my Note 4 does not know how to interpret them, therefore puts a little square in its place. But worst than that is if your phone thinks it knows what icon is associated with the text code and puts up the wrong icon. When I speak into my Galaxy Note 4 and say the words "smiley face", the sound-to-text-converter puts :) into the text. When it gets to my girl friends Galaxy 6, she see a little green frog icon. Very strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad Tomlinson

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I got the galaxy s 4 about a month and a half ago and randomly when I send my boyfriend a text he gets it in Chinese writing does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it, on my side it's in English
Posted via Android Central App

This is a Samsung software issue, they have identified it and are working to fix it. The latest update 6.0 is mistaking some text as Chinese text instead of English. Something you will have to wait out

sammydead

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem this weekend getting atext from an iphone to my samsung.
The problem is the emoji that is used at the end of the text. If the iphone send the message without the enoji, the text will go through. It happened to me with 2 iphones and finally figured it out

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When I speak into my Galaxy Note 4 and say the words "smiley face", the sound-to-text-converter puts :) into the text. When it gets to my girl friends Galaxy 6, she see a little green frog icon. Very strange.
On Android Central (or one of the AC apps), that's normal. If it's in email or text, it's still okay, but it's strange.

jvbnnp

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Incoming text including an emoji were converted to a language that looks like Chinese.
Called Samsung....subsequently determined my SIM card was bad. Replaced SIM card and now the problem is resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21