- 31 Posts
IMEI doesn't match.
My girlfriend recently bought a Galaxy S4 on Amazon. She's got it, but i checked the IMEI on imei.info and the number does not match the phone. It says the IMEI number on my girlfriend's galaxy s4 belongs to a Nokia phone. Does this mean she got a fake one? or could there be something wrong with the website? I also checked my SGS4's IMEI in the same website but mine does match.
- 03-22-2014, 11:11 PM #2
- 31 Posts
Re: IMEI doesn't match.
She's had the phone for only 2 days. The phone seems to work fine, I tested the smart features and they seem to work fine. The thing is, when we went to the carrier (Movistar) they said the IMEI wasn't valid, they said we could try via internet to activate it, so we did and it seemed to work. I'm still a little suspicious though, and the fact that the IMEI number doesn't match on that particular website, it makes me even more suspicious. It's supposed to be a brand new phone.
Also, the IMEI on the phone does match the IMEI on the sticker on the box. So that's something. But my guess is they could have changed it on both the sticker and the phone. Is there any other way i can find out whether this is the real SGS4?
- By vARDAmirr in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-28-2014, 12:06 PM
- By t_p in forum T-Mobile HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2014, 05:12 PM
- By Funeasygame in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-20-2014, 02:30 AM
- By rockalance in forum HTC One VReplies: 3Last Post: 03-19-2014, 07:20 PM
- By rmjohnson144 in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2014, 11:48 PM