Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Unsynchronized lockscreen clock

Hello, I have this weird problem regarding the clock or time displayed in the lock screen. The clock located in the upper right of the screen is different from the clock displayed in the locktime screen. But sometimes both clocks are synchronize. Am I the only one experiencing this? BTW I'm using stock rom and unrooted. This only occured after I updated my phone from 4.3 to 4.4.

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Unsynchronized lockscreen clock

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjus View Post
    Hello, I have this weird problem regarding the clock or time displayed in the lock screen. The clock located in the upper right of the screen is different from the clock displayed in the locktime screen. But sometimes both clocks are synchronize. Am I the only one experiencing this? BTW I'm using stock rom and unrooted. This only occured after I updated my phone from 4.3 to 4.4.
    Does this only happen when first waking up your phone (pressing home or power button with the screen off) or at all times? I'm pretty sure the stock lock screen clock has issues with updating on Samsung phones. It'll take a couple of seconds before updating
    You can use a third party lockscreen clock to fix it. My personal favorite is dash clock

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for reply, not most of the time but it's annoying specially when I am checking the time only to find out that the time in the lockscreen is not correct. This issue didn't persist when I am still in my 4.3 update. Am I the only one experiencing this in 4.4 update?

The lock screen clock does take a split-second to update, but shouldn't be wrong at any point.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Here is the proof that it is unsynchronized.

Galaxy S4: Unsynchronized lockscreen clock-capture.png

Here is the proof that it is unsynchronized.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	592.6 KB 
ID:	109105
    Yeah, like I said earlier, the Samsung clock takes a few seconds to update. I had the same issue until I changed ROMs.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

How long does it take for it to update?
    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Yeah, like I said earlier, the Samsung clock takes a few seconds to update. I had the same issue until I changed ROMs.

How long does it take for it to update?
    No more than a couple of seconds. Try DashClock. Aside from being a better clock, it didn't seem to have the same updating issue

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

I have this same issue on my Galaxy Note 3. Never happened on 4.3, only occurs on 4.4. The difference between 4.3 and 4.4, in 4.3 it updates on its own after half a second. In 4.4 it stays on the wrong time until you lock the screen and then unlock again.

Can't use Dashclock as it doesn't work with a PIN lock screen and I need to have a PIN for my work e-mails to synchronise.

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    I have this same issue on my Galaxy Note 3. Never happened on 4.3, only occurs on 4.4. The difference between 4.3 and 4.4, in 4.3 it updates on its own after half a second. In 4.4 it stays on the wrong time until you lock the screen and then unlock again.

Can't use Dashclock as it doesn't work with a PIN lock screen and I need to have a PIN for my work e-mails to synchronise.
    Same on Note 3 but with 4.3
    Home screen clock freezes until reboot.

Same problem with Note 3. Lock screen clock doesn't sync until I unlock and then lock again. Only started since 4.4 update.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Stomparella View Post
    Same problem with Note 3. Lock screen clock doesn't sync until I unlock and then lock again. Only started since 4.4 update.

Same with me. I need to lock then unlock for it to synchronize. I tried factory resetting it and I'll inform you if it will fix the bug.

Not really a fix, but I've started using a lock screen replacement called Cover which doesn't have this issue.