Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default restarting issues with my s4

earlier today i was about to play a game on my phone, i've been playing it for about a week now with no problems. until today when it decided to completely freeze and shut off and restart itself then would only stay on for about 20 seconds before it would restart itself again. this was ongoing all day and every time it came on my battery life dropped dramatically. first thought was take the battery out and put it back, so i took it out for a few seconds and put it back in and it continued to happen. this was a brand new phone i had gotten through a warranty and i've only had it for 3 weeks now. if anyone has any ideas why this is happening or any helpful suggestions please let me know, thank you.

Default Re: restarting issues with my s4

Welcome to Android Central! Two main things to check when this happens are the battery and the external SD card. Even though the phone is new, the battery can fail at any time if it's defective. Remove the battery, place it on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, that means it's bulging in the middle, which means it's failing. Try a new battery.

If the battery seems fine, then try removing the external SD card and see if the phone boots up successfully without it. If so, the card might be corrupted. Insert the card into your computer to backup the data, then reformat the card and try using it again.