Considering the Galaxy S4

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone,

So I'm considering making my way back to Android after going back and fourth between iOS and Android but I never had a Galaxy phone before but I need your input before purchasing it. I currently have the iPhone 5. While I love it and everything. I miss the customization of the homescreen and stuff.

I do take lots of pics and use Instagram, it didn't work out well with the HTC Droid DNA as it looked fuzzy and washed out. How is the quality of the photos and videos? Performance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If pics are important you the S4 takes very good ones. The LG G2 takes some great shots as well. I'd give them both a look

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure on LG Phones though. I had HTC EVO & DNA and a Droid X in the past and while they took decent pics, I'm looking for a phone that can take just a good as the iPhones.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The pics on the G2 are among the best on android phones

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure on LG Phones though. I had HTC EVO & DNA and a Droid X in the past and while they took decent pics, I'm looking for a phone that can take just a good as the iPhones.

I use both, an I5 for work and the S4 for personal, I take a lot of pics with both, I prefer the picture quality of the S4 over the I5. But like art, quality depends on the one viewing them. But over all, I think the S4 produces better pictures.

captain_tinker

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had the S4 since the day it came out. I came from a Blackberry Torch 2, and have been very happy with my first Android phone. I also have an LG Optimus G that I use for work, and I have to say that I much prefer my S4. I find that the operating system's user interface is very easy to use, and just looks nice, despite what a lot of people say about TouchWiz, I actually quite like it. Its pretty rare that I've ever had major issues with my S4, but obviously there are a lot of others out there that seem to have issues with certain things. In one regard, it may just be that you notice a lot of that on a forum where people come and gripe about their problems, but few have any reason to come on a forum to simply say that their phone works well. As for pictures, I like the pictures that come out of my S4. I'm not a great photographer, and it doesn't magically make anything look better, but it is a nice quality camera, and with the proper settings, and a good eye for the right shot, you are going to get good pictures. Just like with any camera or phone. There are always photoshop like apps you can use after the fact to spruce things up if you want to. I rarely need to. For the most part I use Auto, but there are some other nice settings and features. I would say that if you do choose an S4 you will probably like it. Are there better things out there? Maybe, I haven't tried everything, so I don't know, but my experience has been positive so far. I think yours would be too. Good luck on whatever you choose.

capT

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Honestly if you want the best customization decent pics and not a bad price get a nexus5 345 for a 32 gig comparidly if you want a 32 gig iphone off contract your looking at 500+ dollars go to www.googleplay.com

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I ordered the S4 and will get it tomorrow. Looking forward to going back on Android. Thanks to everyone for their input

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Why so ?

You can still store photos , music and videos

Because kit kat cant be rooted on the s4 because the boot loaders locked (att and verizon) and the way you root kit kat is to flash an unsecure kernel then reflash the official which xploits it and gives root access but with the locked boot loader you cant flash any kernel other than the official trying that root method is a guaranteed brick :( and far as google is concerned read/write funtionality is lost on external storage cards (micro sd) so basically you cant store apps other than official system apps 3rd party apps arent allowed googles is trying to phase out external storage have been since ics soon it will no longer be supported entirely and only internal storage there are legit reasons and also what seems like bs

must have unlocked boot loaders!!