memory problem on S4
Hello Android people
so i recently got this S4 to my wife , looked great and everything but now it has this famous memory problem
its GT-19500 version 4.2.2
when i tap settings >>More>> storage it says total space 8.9 GB ,, now how come its just 8.9 g only ,, ???!! i bought this thing 16 G,, also i have application and data about 3.5 G in total and it says available 748MB only !!!! where is the rest ?
also when i tap the task manager>> storage >> it says : system storage 15.27GB/16.00GB ,, why is there a diff in the memory calculations ?.. can this issue be resolved ? how ?
how come i just bought this phone and its showing this huge utilization ?
- 03-24-2014, 09:26 AM #2
Re: memory problem on S4
The phone's own operation system and utilities consume space and have to reside somewhere. That's where your 16GB internal storage goes from 16GB to 8.9GB.
Every hard drive or storage device (MicroSD) requires overhead to manage the file system. That's where your .73GB went on your external storage (MicroSD).
- 03-25-2014, 06:57 AM #4
- 03-25-2014, 09:45 AM #5
- 03-25-2014, 09:57 AM #6
- 03-25-2014, 10:40 AM #8
- By Tom Caddick in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2014, 12:59 PM
- By Jubril Akande Owowole in forum HTC StatusReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2014, 09:51 AM
- By finalstorm001 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2014, 04:31 AM
- By SonDan in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2014, 03:42 AM
- By pipenz11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 03-24-2014, 01:20 AM