Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fourwow
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Deleting Auto-Backup/Picasa Video from Gallery?

Hey. I cant delete video. Video is in my gallery . The album is named auto backup. How i should delete it? There is a picasa symbol on the folder. Pleasee
    Diana Perez1 likes this.
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

This has probably been resolved... but I'll reply anyway for whomever in the future googles for answers.

1. Stop picasa sync on your phone account.
    Go to accounts in settings. Select your google account. Uncheck the sync box for Picasa Web Albums (and any other item you aren't using while you're at it).

2. Clear data cache.
    Again in settings, go to apps. Scroll right till you get to the Applications Manager All. Now scroll down till you get to the gallery. Open that and hit the clear data button.

That's all folks...

ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: HELP ME

Quote Originally Posted by fourwow View Post
    Hey. I cant delete video. Video is in my gallery . The album is named auto backup. How i should delete it? There is a picasa symbol on the folder. Pleasee
    Welcome to Android Central
    I've never seen the auto backup folder in my gallery. Go into your settings and then accounts, and turn off Picasa syncing

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Then I tick folder who called auto backup there isnt rubbish bin and I cant delete it . Please.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Welcome to Android Central
    I've never seen the auto backup folder in my gallery. Go into your settings and then accounts, and turn off Picasa syncing

Then i tick auto backup folder the rubbish bin in the top of mobile just disappears

ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by fourwow View Post
    Then i tick auto backup folder the rubbish bin in the top of mobile just disappears

Are you looking these photos in the "Gallery" app, or the "Photos" app?
    Edit: My Photos app has this folder, but not Gallery. If you long press on the photos, you can select them and any photos you want to delete. Just tap on them and hit the trash bin in the right hand corner.
    They'll be permanently deleted after 60 days, so make sure you back up any pictures that you want elsewhere

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Are you looking these photos in the "Gallery" app, or the "Photos" app?
    Edit: My Photos app has this folder, but not Gallery. If you long press on the photos, you can select them and any photos you want to delete. Just tap on them and hit the trash bin in the right hand corner.
    They'll be permanently deleted after 60 days, so make sure you back up any pictures that you want elsewhere

Im looking in the gallery. But in the photos there are nothing. By the way from my photos folder its now G+ photos . What the...

Default Re: Deleting Auto-Backup/Picasa Video from Gallery?

This has probably been resolved... but I'll reply anyway for whomever in the future googles for answers.

Go to accounts in settings. Select your google account. Uncheck the sync box for Picasa Web Albums (and any other item you aren't using while you're at it).

2. Clear data cache.
    Again in settings, go to apps. Scroll right till you get to the Applications Manager All. Now scroll down till you get to the gallery. Open that and hit the clear data button.

That's all folks...

Thankyou so much JuanBeegAhs . I have been trying for months to remove the auto backup folder from my phone and couldn't do it. :-)

This was very helpful- much appreciated!

Exellent guidance, it works with me
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by JuanBeegAhs View Post

2. Clear data cache.

That's all folks...
    I tried this but there is no check box next to Picasa Web albums....