Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Are the icons supposed to be gray after the lastest update?

I've searched all over the forum and there were some threads about different color icons (green, blue, orange, gray, etc- depending on what you're doing or connected to) so I'm not sure if they apply to my question or not...Anyway, I just got my phone a few months ago so this update is the first that I've ever done and I'm really new at it
    Usually when I charge my phone, the battery icon usually turns green but now it stays gray. All the other icons are gray too so I was wondering if this is normal (is this the new color scheme or something?) What can I do to test out the colors and make sure it's working correctly? (unless it's supposed to be gray and not other colors)

(The update that I did went smoothly and it was successful until it told me to connect to the play store but I couldn't, it just showed up blank when I click on the play store (no error or anything) so I decided to turn off my phone and turn it on again. Now it's working fine, except for the gray icons that still worries me, so I'm just wondering whether that little error had anything to do with it.)

Global Posts
    8,206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Are the icons supposed to be gray after the lastest update?

Welcome to Android Central
    The latest update for the GS4 (Kit Kat 4.4.2) made the icons white, instead of the green that was used before. Only the battery should have changed though, as the others were already white

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Are the icons supposed to be gray after the lastest update?

Hi, thank you for your reply.
    So just to clarify, even when it's charging, the battery icon should stay white no matter what? (it won't turn green or other color to indicate that it's charging?)