Phone was reported as lost

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
About the time to finalize porting a phone number, it's instant to get the new phone to work but if you're transferring between carriers I guess it can take a few hours or even days before it's completed and you won't miss calls or texts on the new phone. Not sure if that was the situation, but just playing devil's advocate regarding the T-Mobile employee.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Well the OP said he was AT&T and they went to a T-Mobile store. Which leads me to believe the phone was a T-Mobile phone. Otherwise why would the craigslist guy need to go to T-Mobile. So yes, I guess it could take a couple days to PORT a number if he was keeping the same number. BUT, the employee should have known RIGHT AWAY that the phone was reported lost or stolen, as he/she would have got a warning as soon as the phone was put into the system.
So we either have lazy employee never did his or her job while customer was there, or fraud. And Craigs list guy and t-mobile employee are in on it. I am swaying that way, since craigslist guy had NO issues going into the t-mobile store. If that was me and i knew that phone was lost/stolen I would have **** my pants walking into a store with it.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well the OP said he was AT&T and they went to a T-Mobile store. Which leads me to believe the phone was a T-Mobile phone. Otherwise why would the craigslist guy need to go to T-Mobile. So yes, I guess it could take a couple days to PORT a number if he was keeping the same number. BUT, the employee should have known RIGHT AWAY that the phone was reported lost or stolen, as he/she would have got a warning as soon as the phone was put into the system.
So we either have lazy employee never did his or her job while customer was there, or fraud. And Craigs list guy and t-mobile employee are in on it. I am swaying that way, since craigslist guy had NO issues going into the t-mobile store. If that was me and i knew that phone was lost/stolen I would have **** my pants walking into a store with it.

Good point. I didn't think of that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
About the time to finalize porting a phone number, it's instant to get the new phone to work but if you're transferring between carriers I guess it can take a few hours or even days before it's completed and you won't miss calls or texts on the new phone. Not sure if that was the situation, but just playing devil's advocate regarding the T-Mobile employee.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

From experience it takes about 2 hours or less on average. It's been that way for me and I've ported to all major carriers except Verizon.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
From experience it takes about 2 hours or less on average. It's been that way for me and I've ported to all major carriers except Verizon.

Ya know what, you're right, that changed over a year ago, it used to take longer, now it's right away!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Good to know. I've read a lot of posts on forums where people have said it sometimes took them a few days. When I ported to Aio the other night, the materials in the box or online said it could be 4 hours to finish.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not understanding why it would take a couple of days for you to transfer your service from the iPhone to an android phone. That should be instant. Doesn't make sense.

Sent from my Samung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

Well they have I messages and other services apple is the king of closed systems and contracted headaches when the sheeple try to escape and I'm thinking they were switching carriers that does take a while where as with the same carrier to a new sim is instant but as I said it could take a while as Apple has you locked into different services and purposely make it a pain to switch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I understand now. I had to read it again as far as the carrier switch. I thought they were just switching phones and not carriers. Thanks family. Now I get it.

Sent from my Samung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else getting frustrated by the "1 Posters" coming on, asking for help, we all offer out assistance and they never come back.?
Been seeing it a LOT lately and this post is another prime example

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else getting frustrated by the "1 Posters" coming on, asking for help, we all offer out assistance and they never come back.?

Either bs or they don't understand how forums work

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

We call them "one - post wonders"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

But if t mobile paid his eta fee that could take a while to clear not to mention to get it out of the apple sources takes them a while to purge the number from it

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
But if t mobile paid his eta fee that could take a while to clear not to mention to get it out of the apple sources takes them a while to purge the number from it

I actually called t mobile and was asking about switching the lady on the phone told me it would take 3 days... you see it has to get approved for t mo to pay an etf and at&t doesn't release it instantly that's what she told me and this was from t mobile customer service on a corporate call center level

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21