Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 says it's charging but it WON'T!

My Samsung Galaxy S4 will NOT charge all of a sudden. This started yesterday. It gave me an error message saying that creating a customized of could be harmful and to press the volume down key to stop it before it starts. I pressed the down key to stop it. My phone was going dead. So after connecting it to its charger and rebooting the phone; it would chime and say that it is charging but it WILL NOT CHARGE! Arrhhhh!

I have reset the s4 back to factory settings, I have tried x 3 other chargers that work fine with my wife's S4. I have also taken the battery and putnitnin my wifes s4 and the battery charges completely fine. PLEASE HELP!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy S4 says it's charging but it WON'T!

What did you try to stop from happening when you hit the volume down?

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S4 says it's charging but it WON'T!

Quote Originally Posted by cberry30 View Post
    My Samsung Galaxy S4 will NOT charge all of a sudden. This started yesterday. It gave me an error message saying that creating a customized of could be harmful and to press the volume down key to stop it before it starts. I pressed the down key to stop it. My phone was going dead. So after connecting it to its charger and rebooting the phone; it would chime and say that it is charging but it WILL NOT CHARGE! Arrhhhh!

I have reset the s4 back to factory settings, I have tried x 3 other chargers that work fine with my wife's S4. I have also taken the battery and putnitnin my wifes s4 and the battery charges completely fine. PLEASE HELP!

Seems like a hardware issue. I doubt anyone here can help with that. Contact your carrier in regards to the issue.