Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen NOT working at all - How can I Factory Reset the Phone

My screen isn't working at all. The store seems to think there is a crack in it so I'm getting a new one from the insurance company. I don't want to send them my current phone without wiping everything off. All the instructions online seem to need the screen to see what you're pressing. Is there any way to hard reset the phone without using the screen?

Global Posts
    22,237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Screen NOT working at all - How can I Factory Reset the Phone

Welcome to the forums.

Look at this: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Follow instructions for the S3, and click factory reset.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by SlumberRina View Post
    My screen isn't working at all. The store seems to think there is a crack in it so I'm getting a new one from the insurance company. I don't want to send them my current phone without wiping everything off. All the instructions online seem to need the screen to see what you're pressing. Is there any way to hard reset the phone without using the screen?
    If you have no access to the screen then you can't reset it. Have you looked into a replacement or fix?

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

Op stated that a replacement was on the way. The problem is wiping the old phones data for security purposes.

Op- are you able to plug it in to a computer with any luck? If so, can you get into it with Samsung Kies (downloaded from Samsung website?)

Posted via Android Central App
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.

Usually you have to allow Kies to operate no display no nothing honestly I would of just went to a repair shop and have the screen replaced or being it's out of warranty doing it yourself?? Not that hard with a tool kit and a blow dryer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

Damn. Was the only thing I could think of. What about a Samsung rep at a best buy somewhere near? Maybe they could help. They hooked my phone up to company software on their computer when they went to do something with mine. Other than that, I don't think there's much you can do except trust the company, as far as I know, wiping the thing is the first thing they do when they can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.

Well the only thing I can suggest if your getting an insurance replacement if your that paranoid drop it in a bucket of water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks!