Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tat21985
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Glass fracturing?

Has anyone else had this problem? I have a screen protector on, and I had a case on it as well. It may have had a couple small drops but nothing major. I noticed these "cracks" (?) one morning, and they seemed to have expanded.

Is this a phone defect?Glass fracturing?-13962840907580.jpg

Default Re: Glass fracturing?

It looks as though your screen is peeling away from the layer underneath, very odd.. I would definitely see about getting a warranty replacement if possible!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    It looks as though your screen is peeling away from the layer underneath, very odd.. I would definitely see about getting a warranty replacement if possible!
    Would I talk to my service provider or Samsung about that? I got the phone a month or so after release, so I'm not sure if it would still be covered under warranty or not.

Same here. I took my case off to show it better but it looks like the two layers are separating??? Weird. Not happy about this. Less than a year on a $600 phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSpur View Post
    Would I talk to my service provider or Samsung about that? I got the phone a month or so after release, so I'm not sure if it would still be covered under warranty or not.

If this is damage due to manufactures' defect, I'd talk to your carrier first, they should give you a replacement.. If they won't Samsung would be your next step. I suggest be assertive with your carrier though, because if you do have to go the Samsung route, you'll be without a phone for a few days.. Please remember, being assertive doesn't necessarily mean be an @$$hole, and you catch more flies with honey than you would with vinegar!
    Thanked by:
    troshs 
    troshs likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    If this is damage due to manufactures' defect, I'd talk to your carrier first, they should give you a replacement.. If they won't Samsung would be your next step. I suggest be assertive with your carrier though, because if you do have to go the Samsung route, you'll be without a phone for a few days.. Please remember, being assertive doesn't necessarily mean be an @$$hole, and you catch more flies with honey than you would with vinegar!
    Good advice. Would my best route be going into the store, calling, live chatting, or emailing (with photos)?

I had this happen to me as well. Took it to Verizon, they said it was broken not a defect. Said I could try to send it to Samsung but if they found it was my fault then they would have to charge me for the phone. I used my insurance to get another phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSpur View Post
    Good advice. Would my best route be going into the store, calling, live chatting, or emailing (with photos)?

I would take it into the store, personally.. I don't know who your carrier is, but make sure it is a corporate store, as I know Sprint has these stores that aren't "official" in my home town, and they often are not as helpful or trained as well as corporate employees are..