Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Air Gesture

Hi all I need some help.

My Air gesture will not work when my phone is sleeping/standby. (when the phone is on but has blank screen I should move my hand over the sensor and it comes up with time date etc but nothing)

I have checked my settings with a colleagues one and all is the same, his works fine by mine nothing.

Please help.

Thanks

Default Re: Air Gesture

I've found that the phone has to be lying pretty much flat on a solid, stable surface for this to work. It does not work, for instance, if the phone is lying in my hand or my lap, even if I hold it level. Apparently the phone can sense slight vibrations or movements, and won't activate this gesture. I find that it can be on a slight angle (such as on a pile of papers that are not level), but it won't work in a kickstand. In any case, the surface must be solid and stable. I don't know if any of this applies to what you are doing, but I hope it is some help.

Default Re: Air Gesture

Um to conserve power the proximity sensor isn't active when the screen is off its not designed that way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app