Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tuon Can
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Randomly Wakes Up/Unlocks On Own in Pocket - Galaxy S4 KitKat

Hello,

I've had the Galaxy S4 with T-Mobile since the day it came out and never had any problems until recently. The screen has been randomly unlocking/waking up on its own in my pocket. It will stay locked at times and will be unlocked with my home screen on at times.

I do not and never have had any of the motion gestures on and just use the "swipe" function to unlock. I also changed to a PIN unlock and it was still happening.

I'm not sure if this is from the KitKat update, an updated app, sensor problem, or if there is something wrong with the phone.

Please advise if anyone has had similar problems and have found a solution.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Screen Randomly Wakes Up/Unlocks On Own in Pocket - Galaxy S4 KitKat

bump

Default Re: Screen Randomly Wakes Up/Unlocks On Own in Pocket - Galaxy S4 KitKat

I had a similar thing happen with my first S4 but it was on jelly bean not kit kat. It was in my pocket & it must have unlocked itself as I had a video of blackness but could hear me & my friend talking. I was wondering if it was something to do with me enabling the sensitivity of the screen so I could answer my phone with gloves on.

Posted via Android Central App

I've had the same problem and can't figure out what is going on. Is anyone else still seeing this issue?

Normally the only reason that I find out that the screen is on is because the phone with start to get really hot in my pocket. I even have the S-View flip cover

I have found the solution after experiencing a similar problem myself. What happened is the phone thinks it has the s view cover on. When there is a change in light setting it thinks the s view cover was opened so it unlock the phone for you. To disable this feature you would go to Settings > Accesory > unchecked Automatic unlock.

Cheers!
    Tuon
    Thanked by:
    savagebutchery likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuon Can View Post
    I have found the solution after experiencing a similar problem myself. What happened is the phone thinks it has the s view cover on. When there is a change in light setting it thinks the s view cover was opened so it unlock the phone for you. To disable this feature you would go to Settings > Accesory > unchecked Automatic unlock.

Cheers!
    Tuon
    This, unfortunately, is not true. The S View cover (auto on/off) is based on a magnet in the cover, not a change in light.
    I am experiencing this issue as well, and I do not have a fix still. My phone just randomly wakes up, but stays on the lock screen. Very frustrating.

Try out gravity screen. Download from xda or play store. Turns off/on screen using the phones sensors. It's meant for us lazy folks who don't want to use the power button. XDA site gives good info on use. Not sure if this is your solution

Posted via the Android Central App