S4 with flip cover blank screen during calls

Tato23

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I saw a thread regarding the screen on the galaxy s4 staying blank during calls even after separating it from the ears.

But my problem is that I have the s4 with the flip cover, and when I open the cover during a call (either cause I need to touch a number, put it on speaker or open an app, etc), the screen won't turn on. Even pressing the power button or the home button does not work.

I searched through the settings and tried different things but nothing seems to solve the issue.

Hoping there is someone out there with a solution, cause its really annoying...

Thank you all !

Tato

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I think there is some problem with the proximity sensor.:confused: Why don't you test it your self hold your phone and if you look closely on top of the phone just with the front camera there is a proximity sensor not what you need to do is while on the call cover that proximity sensor so that no light can pass to it, "Screen will go blank" and now slowly remove the finger from the proximity sensor if this time the light of your phone comes back then i think your proximity sensor is fine if not then surely the problem is with the proximity sensor and you need to get it replace and for the rush for the nearest dealer, and if you still urge that no my proximity sensor is fine but problem is somewhere else then switch off your device remove its battery and after waiting for a while switch is on again and check if its working fine or not. :D but if still you found the problem then :'( throw it into the garbage and purchase Sansung Galaxy S5 :-X:-$:-$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney