Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question music player autostarts on certain incoming calls

I need help with my Galaxy S4. My service is through Sprint and all apps and system updates are done. While I understand the latest system update has a lot of problems, the one issue I have had has been going on for quite some time. My music player autostarts. The player I am referring to is the MUSIC app (the one where the icon looks like a blue circle and has a green musical note on it.) The trigger seems to be when I get calls from a blocked number. My companys outgoing calls are automatically blocked so each time I get a call from a coworker my phone launches into whatever song I last played instead of ringing. It doesnt matter if the phone was muted the volume is on so everyone gets to hear the latest tune. Along with the unexpected musical interlude, I dont get any indication of the incoming call. I simply hear my phone blast music and then my voicemail is there. This is very frustrating.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
    Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: music player autostarts on certain incoming calls

guess not.

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcarlson View Post
    guess not.
    Have you tried force stopping the app? Or clearing the app's cache?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Have you tried force stopping the app? Or clearing the app's cache?
    Yep. I certainly did. No luck.

don't know if a resolution has been found or this is still even an active thread - but my tmobile LG mytouch 4G phone just started doing this with an old deleted voicemail message. Same problem, but with random incoming calls - the message will just start playing making me think at first I was somehow hearing the message as it was being left, only to find out it was an old message because initially I hit answer thinking it was the person on the message when in fact it was someone else totally calling but I had no way of knowing who was actually calling. Cannot find an out. Recently rooted my phone, cleaned out a bunch a files, etc... so makes it more confusing.....

I have this same problem! Music Player starts playing music after I receive a notification of about anything! I use a Bluetooth device to connect my phone to my hearing aids. All of a sudden out of the blue, I start hearing music. I have to open Music Player and hit pause to stop the music! If I tell Music Player to END it stops the app but it will start suddenly on its own! If course I need a music player and tried using POWER AMP but the same thing happens!