Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Bluetooth microphone problem.

I've only recently gotten my first smartphone and it's the Galaxy S4. I love the phone a lot and everything on it is running just fine. Recently however I got a Bluetooth headset to go with it (Photive PH-BTH3) and the sound on the headphone is great. I can listen to music for hours and there's no problem or cutting out. .. but if I try to make a call, I can only talk on the phone for anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes before the person I'm calling suddenly can't hear me anymore. Switching the call to speaker then back to Bluetooth tends to temporarily fix the problem but I don't want to have to do it every time I make a call! It's incredibly frustrating as one might imagine. Is there a way to troubleshoot the phone or headset to see if the trouble is with the phone, the connection or the headset? Is anyone else having a similar problem with their phones? Or maybe this is common occurrence? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

And before anyone asks, I have checked Google, and all I got was people trying to sell me more Bluetooth devices. Annoying.

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Bluetooth microphone problem.

Bump. Anyone have any idea?

Posted via Android Central App

Yep and I thought is was just myself.since the software upgrade last week is when the exact same problem started .helpppppppp

Been having the same issue for a number of months now. Only happens with the Jabra Wave+, not with the Plantronics BT-300M. There is another thread for an LG headset which seems to be the same. Certain headsets with Samsung devices are having this issue. Haven't found a solution yet, though they suggested turning off Wifi makes a difference. I will try that soon.