SGS4 Home Button Crackling

TowersVault

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
So I've had my SGS4 i9500 for a little over a month, and now my home button is crackling when I press it.. :-\

When I leave my phone for about 10 to 20 minutes (I assume it cools down since my body heat doesn't keep it warm), and then press my home button, it crackles for about 3 to 5 presses, and then it's gone. It's pretty early to complain since it started yesterday, but it shouldn't happen since this is a US$900 (I live in South Africa) phone.

Anyone else that's suffering from this? If you do, how did you combat this problem or did you just wait it out?

Thanks in advance.

-Towers

avokodo

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine creeks, not sure if that's the same problem you have. Also from south Africa. I find it doesn't really bother me.

Posted via Android Central App

TowersVault

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine creeks, not sure if that's the same problem you have. Also from south Africa. I find it doesn't really bother me.

Posted via Android Central App

The crackling sound is so annoying, my phone is only a month old, so I don't really want to know what will happen to it in about a year.

TowersVault

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Found a fix!

Just clean the sides of it with the corner of normal printer paper. Hold the home button down and slide the paper around it on the parts that would come into contact with the glass, blow thoroughly, but avoid anything that isn't your breath, it might damage the insides of yon' GS4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexitotab7