Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default transferring files to a computer

can someone tell me how to transfer a photo from my Samsung S4 to my computer?

Default Re: transferring files to a computer

The easiest way is probably just to download it from Google +, if you're letting G+ back up your photos.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Email it to yourself and open the mail on the pc
    SM-N910F 4.4.4 stock
    SM-P605 4.4.2 rooted and cleaned

If you have more than one photo to transfer, you can connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable (micro-USB on the phone end, regular USB on the computer end). Often the charger that came with the phone will have a cable that can disconnect from the plug and hook up to the computer. After you make the connection, wait for a minute while the two devices get to know each other. You'll probably hear some Windows device-connecting noises from the computer's speakers. Then in Windows Explorer look under Computer for a new removable device to appear, with your phone's identifying information. (It will not be listed with a drive letter like D:, though one may appear temporarily before the connection is fully completed and stable.) Then you can navigate to the DCIM folder on the SD card and/or the internal storage and find your photos.

are you using a mac or pc? if it's a pc it's should be a plug in play with Macs you'll need the Kies software.