Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sanjay Chandra
  • 1 Post By Mrstevew87
  • 1 Post By canusaybimmy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

i have the I9505 S4, at the beginning the battery life was really good, but when time passes (after 4 months time) the battery life is just inferior. cannot even last a day. i dont even use any 'smart' features (smart stay, smart scroll, air view etc) please can anyone tell me why is this ? im on 4.3 jelly bean.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

In my particular case I had similar experience like yours. After a factory reset the problem was gone but eventually returned. Then I switched off Google now, gps and some location services and my battery draining problem is gone. Many won't live happy without those services but I only switch them only when strictly necessary.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Or you could just refer to the 100 other threads with the EXACT same subject
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

4.3 has the worst battery life imo.

4.4.x battery life is just so awesome , its even better than what I got in 4.2.x
    kmunasinghe92 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post
    4.3 has the worst battery life imo.

4.4.x battery life is just so awesome , its even better than what I got in 4.2.x
    Agreed. My battery life has got much better since 4.4

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4.4 ftw

I would charge my battery overnight to 100%. 4 hours later the battery would be at 10%. This has only happened in the last 2 weeks. My phone would also be red hot after charging After reading other forums I have done the following

1. Turned off motions and gestures and Air View from the Settings. I didnt really use these anyway
    2. Turned of Use GPS Satellite from the Location in Settings
    3. Clicked Power Saving Mode from the drag down menu
    4. Disabled sync in the Settings - Accounts for all the accounts
    5. Downloaded Battery Booster Lite
    6. Deleted the last 3-4 apps I downloaded - could have been a rogue app
    7. Turned off Wi-Fi when I was not in a Wi-Fi area.
    8. Deleted cleaner apps. Manually deleted cache etc from the Settings-More-Applications Manager

Nothing worked. I still had the same problems as before up until yesterday. I read on another forum that the sd card drains the battery on the S4. I took out my sd card. Simple as that. It worked. I have taken my phone off charge 3 1/2 hours ago. Battery is at 80%. Would have been down to 30% or less when I had the issues.

Just picked up a used galaxy s4 last week. Battery life has been incredible in my mind.

Took off charger 36 hours ago. This includes about 30 minutes talk time. 10 text messages. 1.5 hours of pandora. 6 hours wireless tethering via FoxFi, where i streamed 6, 40 minute episodes, and about 2 hours internet browsing. Between the 18 hours of work, I had a lot of downtime to browse the internet, and use it probably a half hour between all the breaks. I'm at 24% now.

Overall I'm very happy with the battery life.
    I'm rooted, running a permissions manager, and firewall, where all but essential apps are blocked. I also set all updates to manual. I think these three things have affected my phone's battery life significantly.