Need Help!! What is this silver liquid like mark under screen!!!

s_ali11

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have dropped my phone softly a couple of times but and the last time i did drop it i noticed a silver like mark on the bottom left corner of the phone can someone please help me identify the problem and how to fix this? Snapshot_20140420_1.JPG
photo (2).jpg

I attached an image to show what it looks like, i have searched on google and haven't seen anything like it there so i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sorry the first picture didnt show too much detail i just edited the post with more close up pictures.

thats seems to be the top screen of the phone separating from the underlying blue layer.Maybe due to the drop.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I would suspect one or more layers of the screen assembly is coming unstuck (literally). That would mean you would need to have that screen replaced. Is the device still under warranty?
This would probably not have happened if the phone had been protected by a shock absorbing silicone bumper case.

s_ali11

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I would suspect one or more layers of the screen assembly is coming unstuck (literally). That would mean you would need to have that screen replaced. Is the device still under warranty?
This would probably not have happened if the phone had been protected by a shock absorbing silicone bumper case.

Would you say that replacing just the top layer glass cover would fix it or is the issue deeper?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
-.- I will.. but im asking how to fix it not how to prevent it as it has already occured...

Take it to an Authorized Samsung Repair location. When it comes down to it, pictures are not going to be able to show anyone here what is wrong and how to fix it.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Would you say that replacing just the top layer glass cover would fix it or is the issue deeper?

You can't replace "just the top layer glass cover". It is not a separate glass layer. It is an assembly of multiple layers glued together. If you want to replace it you need to replace the entire assembly. That's expensive. And that's the reason I asked you if the device is still under warranty. Is it? If not I think you should ask yourself if it is worth it to you to repair the device/replace the screen assembly, or if it's more sensible to replace the entire device by a new one.

If you decide for the latter: GET A PROTECTIVE SHOCK-ABSORBING SILICONE BUMPER CASE for that new phone. Or you might be back here within the year with a similar – expensive – mishap...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance