Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Is my Galaxy S4 officially dead? (Not turning on)

Hey everyone!

My Galaxy S4 all of a sudden decided to not turn on this morning. I was using it last night, it was working fine, and now won't turn on. I searched around the forums and internet little bit, but didn't find anything that worked for me. And I'm only one person, so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

I have tried both my charging cable, and another known charging cable to try to charge my phone, but to no avail. When the phone is plugged to charge, neither the red LED indicating charging shows, or the green LED indicating a full charge.

Also - the phone gets hot when trying to charge - hotter than it ever should.

I've tried:
    1. Using different charging cables
    2. Holding power/home/vol up for reset screen. No vibration or samsung logo ever happens
    3. Holding power/home/vol down for download mode. never happens
    4. Holding power with no battery in to get rid of any charge
    5. Checking battery with multimeter reads its 3.8 V.

It is easter sunday, so the phone stores around are closed.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. let me know if you need any more information.

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Is my Galaxy S4 officially dead? (Not turning on)

Quote Originally Posted by SirPantalone View Post
    Hey everyone!

My Galaxy S4 all of a sudden decided to not turn on this morning. I was using it last night, it was working fine, and now won't turn on. I searched around the forums and internet little bit, but didn't find anything that worked for me. And I'm only one person, so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

I have tried both my charging cable, and another known charging cable to try to charge my phone, but to no avail. When the phone is plugged to charge, neither the red LED indicating charging shows, or the green LED indicating a full charge.

Also - the phone gets hot when trying to charge - hotter than it ever should.

I've tried:
    1. Using different charging cables
    2. Holding power/home/vol up for reset screen. No vibration or samsung logo ever happens
    3. Holding power/home/vol down for download mode. never happens
    4. Holding power with no battery in to get rid of any charge
    5. Checking battery with multimeter reads its 3.8 V.

It is easter sunday, so the phone stores around are closed.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. let me know if you need any more information.
    Welcome to the forums.

Let's try a couple things.
    1. Take out the battery, lay it on a flat surface (ex: kitchen table with no tablecloth) and try to spin it. If it spins, the battery is bad, and needs to be replaced.
    2. If that turns out fine, leave it out for 15 minutes or so and try turning it on normally.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here