Will you continue with the Galaxy S Series?

Will you continue with the Galaxy S Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
After the release of the S5 for me the only MAJOR changes are the IP67 and Camera. So will you continue with the S series of the Samsung? I mean, do you see your self still purchasing their product maybe until Samsung Galaxy S10 or further. :))

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd have added a "Move to another Galaxy Family" option. In my case, I've gone through an SII, Note 2, S4, Note 3. I'm skipping the S5 for now (like you say, minor changes over the S4 to make it enticing), but I might get the Note 4 if it comes out with IP67 rating. Still in the 'Galaxy' family, just not the 'S' variants.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd have added a "Move to another Galaxy Family" option. In my case, I've gone through an SII, Note 2, S4, Note 3. I'm skipping the S5 for now (like you say, minor changes over the S4 to make it enticing), but I might get the Note 4 if it comes out with IP67 rating. Still in the 'Galaxy' family, just not the 'S' variants.

That's exactly what's on my mind. Skipping S5 and waiting for the Note 4 to come.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Although, if the Internet is to be believed, I'm not too thrilled about the rumored display bending over the edges. I get WHY they'd want to do something like that, but don't see how safe that would be for a display nor find it useful when you're always covering a part of that with your fingers while holding the phone, not to mention how it would affect the 'friction' when holding it and how frail it would be.

worktorest

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not too keen on phones that are bigger than the S4. 5 inches is what I'm comfortable with. I feel that the S series need some serious innovation if they want to impress potential buyers.

Maybe they can work on revamping touchwiz interface and make a lighter version so that it will not make the phone lag even when it has the latest processor. Also the battery size can be improved, if technology allows.

I will probably keep holding on to my S4 or change to a different brand when my contract expires, if samsung doesn't come up with anything good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes.

I am pretty content with my Galaxy S4 and iPad 3 , Both are working awesome.So , I won't be upgrading anytime soon.
If Galaxy series offers removable battery , SD-slot , AMOLED display and great functionality , I will stay.
I don't give a flying **** about design as long as the phone offers nice functionality.

If not , I will go for an iPhone and Nexus 7 combo.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I've seen the S5 and it's just too big. I've had the S3 and currently have the S4. It is fine and it still works well for me. Have had it just under a year but - I'm bored! Defecting to the the iPhone 4S. The last iPhone I had was the 3G series and it was great at internetting but at making / receiving calls/ texts it was rubbish! Might have been the rubbish Vodafone network. However I'll play with the 4S till my contract runs out. Only another 15 months to go!!

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to keep my S4 for all the 2014, I don't feel so much impressed with the S5. I'll also wait for full Cyanogen support for the exynos variant for the S4 (which is progressing) so I won't be bored or wait for further updates to the TW like the S5. There's a lot of road ahead yet, no rush.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the feature I like the most of the S5 is the water resistant, I go a lot to the beach, other than that I also love my S4.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

arav24

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
If they stop putting all the 'sambloat' and focus on providing a good user experience then maybe yes otherwise a big no

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995